A Story About Objectification: A Look at the Impact on Body Image
If you’re feeling unsure about why you may feel dissatisfied with your body image, this little activism zine may help to shed light.
This zine tells the story about a girl that is not uncommon in our culture. It is a story about objectification where during a girls life she learns over time that her body is like an object for viewing and appraisal by others. She begins to place greater importance on her appearance as opposed to the countless other amazing things she can do.
Objectification can have long-term negative impact on one's body image and mental health. So this is an important story to share with anyone who doesn't understand why they may feel unhappy about their body image.
If you struggle with negative body image, you are not alone. Let's work together to raise awareness and change the way society places emphasis on physical appearance.
- Aim: Builds awareness of the impact of media and society on positive body image
- Audience: Suitable for teenagers to adults
- Materials: Risograph printed zine in bright orange and green inks
- Size: 10.5cm (w) x 14 cm (h), 8 pages folded from 11 x 17-inch tabloid paper
- Publisher: thankubody zines
- Shipping: Ready to ship in 1-2 business days